View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

What a great question Lovenjoy! Learning how to live our lives fully is such an important part of recovery from the affects of addiction in our lives!

Is there anything that you have always wished you had done but never had the time to do it? There were two things for me.....learn to play an instrument and learn another language. So I am taking language classes. And I love it! It takes an enormous amount of my time. And I'm doing it for ..... ME!

Once I master my second language (which at the rate I'm going, could take me a few years! lol) I'll move on to an instrument.

I've also done yoga, dance, and joined a gym at various stages of my own recovery.

Right now my week looks like this. I get up at 4:30am....study until about 7:00am. Go to work (which takes up a big part of my day), go from work directly to my class, get home around 7:30, take the dogs for a long walk with hubby, come back relax for a while, go to bed. Rinse and repeat.

I volunteer on Saturday mornings at a drug rehab working with families and go to a Nar-Anon meeting once a week. I spend the rest of my weekends hanging out with Mr. KE reading, relaxing, laughing, talking, going on walks, watching movies, discussing politics (which is interesting since he and I are on opposite "sides" so to speak) and generally spending wonderful time together.

I'm quite busy and people often shake their heads and say....my goodness....you are SO busy....doesn't it make you nuts? My reply....no....this is living. And I'm loving it!

Tell me......what have you always wanted to do.....but didn't think you had time to do it?

hugs
ke