View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Goose1

Congrats Tranklin! And QuitinMsp also. You both have made an outstanding decision today. I'm on day 135, if you would have known me from day one - you would surely be amazed I made it this far. I'm here to tell you, you both can do this. I like to share some, I will say that I find people find different ways to get Sober. You know what ever works, works! This past week I had a real hard time focusing, PAWS I'm thinking. Ironically, I'm reading a book and in a chapter that talks about developing Front-Sight Focus. Sometimes it doesn't seem as simple as this. But if you have a task you must complete, focus on that task and that task only. Make it your target, so to speak. For example; if I want to vacuum my living room and my vacuum is upstairs, I will need to do a number of things. Front Sight Focus has a Four-Prong approach. Prepare your mind - envision your goal - define the mission - simplify the battlefield. Since I'm lazy, not really, I know I must walk upstairs and carry that heavy vacuum downstairs, now I can finally see I have to move my golf clubs and pick up my shoes envisioning that clean carpet - my mission is to complete this task since it has been like this all week and finally I'm going to turn off the TV and not answer that phone that's ringing so I can focus and get this done or I'm simplifying. I'm trying and learning to use this often. So, if you have something to do, no matter, simple or timely, stay focused on the single task and mission at hand. Deep Breathing cycles also help. Remember use the Four-Prong approach. Above all, do whatever it takes; Make a Stand and Stay Focused on staying Sober. You can do this, Sobriety will never let you down.