View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Stoogy
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by DoubleDragons View Post
I had been a drinker since I was 15 years old and I am now 43. Six months ago I decided to do the most loving thing I could ever do for myself and for my family. I quit drinking and I do not regret the decision at all. I feel like I have been let in on the best secret in the world. Life is so much better without the booze. I am healthier, clear-minded, thinner. I have so much less anxiety, better relations with everyone in my life and so much more energy probably due to the excellent sleep that I get every night.

Newbies, just stick with it. There was a time in my first few months that I was worried that recovery had become every bit the addiction to me that alcohol once was and I hated how obsessed I had become with my sobriety process. But the longer I have been sober, the easier it has become. It has become my way of life and I don't find sobriety nearly as consuming as I did in the beginning of my decision to quit. Usually, I just check in with my montly class here on a daily basis and whenever my AV creeps up (which isn't very often anymore), I read some of the newcomers threads to remind myself why alcohol doesn't have a place in my life anymore.

I want sobriety for you because the gift of freedom it has given to me is deserved by everyone. I wish you all of the best that life has to offer!!!
Hi doubledragons, it's great to hear you are doing so well it really is, 6 months is huge news and a great boost to us all following and hoping to emulate your progress. I'm at 4 months and starting to get the benefits. Thanks again for your post. Stuart.