View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
UncleMeat69

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
How old were you when you did your 1sr grade teacher? ?????

I feel it too. My 'teacher' asking how much time I spent writing last night.
I have the Big Book, the 4th step booklet from Hazledon and the form my sponsor gave me with the columns. Plus the composition book I picked up to capture all this into one volume - I hope only one.

I was told to always keep a pen and notebook with me to write down things as they come to me while I'm out and about or at meetings etc.

This is like a school assignment for sure. And I hated homework!
Great question L. I was two years sober @age 42 and this jumped out of my subconscious when I was doing the 4th. Step process. It had been buried deep down within all those years. Even though I was 6 when she abused me my protective instincts hid it away.

My point is that unless an alcoholic is able to dig down through those subconscious "scabs" and open up those kind of childhood traumas he/she will remain as "sick as his/her secrets."

It sounds like you are on the right track but be wary of letting yourself get to complicated in the mechanics. I placed 4 blank sheets in front of me with these titles at the top of a page:

1.) Self-Esteem

2.) Pocketbooks (Finances)

3.) Personal Relationships

4.) Ambitions

(From Page 64 of the BB) Instead of long written sentences, I used "Key words" to record the visions projected by my sub-conscious. That way I could stay up with the data that was being transmitted. The sub conscious delivers data via pictures & symbols (Like a dream). The conscious processes data through words and numbers. I have to write fast enough to keep up with the movie while I am watching it which means I can't write the dialogue while viewing.

Example:

I put this same data on 2 of the 4 pages:

"Sister Gertrude Frankenstein put a dunce hat on me in front of my classmates in the 1st. Grade. That affected my self-esteem & personal relationships."

The sad part is that it affected those two areas of my life for the next 36 years until I confronted it in my 4th. Step. Once I labeled it I became empowered to change it by allowing HP to direct my behavior in a properly directed fashion.

Hope all this makes sense and can be helpful to you. After finishing the 4 pages, I transferred the data to the columns and finished the process.