Old 03-27-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MemphisBlues

The equivalency for benzodiazepines are created in comparisons to Valium, the longest acting benzo there is.

Both Xanax and Klonopin have the same Valium equivalency: 1 milligram of either equals 5 milligrams of Valium.

Klonopin is considered the second longest-acting benzo behind Valium.

Xanax is very quick acting and has the shortest half-life of any benzo, hence it's highly addictive quality.

Are you doing the benzo switch under the care of a doctor? It's hard to find a benzo-wise shrink or MD out there, but they are growing in number.

Google benzos and United Kingdom (rules prevent me from linking to other recovery sites here) and you will find the best benzo tapering and support program going.

I was prescribed 20 milligrams of Klonopin a day and went cold turkey from that dose, so I've spent an inordinate amount of time reading about the buggers.

If you are anything like me, reading the horror stories of people getting off benzos can help you manifest those symptoms. Take it easy, read the horror tales with a grain of salt, and remember that many, many people recover from benzo addiction with nary a problem