View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
360shoes

Welcome Blackbeard!
Good for you for wanting more for yourself than that! Hang in there. You will learn to live without alcohol. It's hard at first but you can find a lot of support to get it done.

I quit in my 20's when everyone else was drinking. I actually loved it...after I got through the early hard part. I was different than everyone else. I loved being different. I was just as much fun, never made an a** of myself! never spent money I didn't have! and never woke up feeling like cr*p. Tired sometimes because I could hang late in the night having real fun! My favorite was being designated driver. It was fabulous to drive late at night knowing that I nothing to fear. It was great. I actually got tons of dates because in all reality most people don't want to really date a heavy drinker. Unless they are heavy drinkers. Whole nother story there but you get the point.

Be unique and different and be your best self. That's the flip side of being young and a non drinker.

It took me a little while to learn to be myself after I quit back then but boy once I embraced it, I ran with it!

You can either look at it as you are missing something or you can look at it as the best thing you could do for yourself. I vote #2.

Some friends may think you aren't as fun but your real ones will think you are fabulous. What kind of real friend wants anyone to drink themselves to a blackout? I wouldn't wish that on a stranger let alone someone I called friend.

You can do it! Welcome!