Old 03-24-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BoatDaddy

Well, today marks my 100th day sober! I am sort of excited to hit a milestone BUT it's been just a normal day to me. Actually, it's men amazingly friggin normal... No massive upswing in emotion or depression to battle out of. Today I just felt like myself and I am thankful for days like this. It doesn't have to be any milestone celebration to just have a normal day. Lately, with March Madness on TV and other triggers swirling about the springtime breeze I really wanted to think I could have just one beer. But I kept reminding myself that it wouldn't be just one and it isn't worth it to start over. Starting over scares the hell out of me. Today I didn't think about drinking at all... I was actually proud to tell another coworker that I made the decision NOT to ever drink again. Now if I remember back to the beginning of this journey I wouldn't have never thought about sharing that with anyone. I think that NOT drinking makes me sorta special since drinking seems to be the status quo these days. Often times I think that it's mysterious of me to just order an unsweet iced tea when everyone else is scrambling to slam back some empty calories of death. No I don't feel like celebrating today but that's just fine with me. I have more important things to focus on. My kids, my wife and my family... Too much booze or drugs was never enough for me and now I am content just being me in my own skin. That's such a great feeling because it's all mine. Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-4217997434.jpg (53.0 KB, 102 views)