View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
2muchpain

kiki

I understand your issue with the God thing. It is my opinion that most of the people that attend meetings believe in the religious concept of God. The term higher power is rarely used. There are some meetings I've gone to that talk about things like giving your will over to the care of God. I get very little out of those meetings since the people that share at those meetings are clearly talking about a Chrstian God. Occas ionally, I'll even hear an amen. lol. But most meetings I go to are not so focused on God, and I get a lot out of them. Right now, I just go to the meetings, nothing else. People talk about a lot of stuff that really helps me. It's like SR. I can't relate to everything people post, but I still get a lot out of the post that I can relate to. I don't think anybody was really lieing to you. You don't have to believe in a higher power to go to the meetings. That's true. If you did offend somebody, that's there problem. You can't be wrong when you are being honest. The people that are truly solid in what they believe and have a good program going were not offended. Maybe you gave some people something to think about. Hope you keep going.