View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
atalose

Anytime I have gotten into any relationship based on someone’s “potential” it’s always a receipt for disaster. If I cannot accept the person for EXACTLY who and how they are today then I really have no business being in a relationship with them at all.
Potential often means - a fixer upper. Someone you can mold, fix, repair and love to the potential you assume they have.

Potential often means – WE don’t “feel” right in a relationship unless there is someone to fix, mend or repair.

Either way this guy has shown you exactly who and how he is. His words of “getting better, getting help” have fallen short because if he truly did want to get help he’d be getting that help. He would not have quit AA and he’d be making it a high priority, which he is not.

You telling him you want him out and that you want to leave this relationship then him telling you he’s going to go get help, then he does for a bit…………..is another cycle in this relationship and one you really don’t want to participate in.
Stand your ground, believe his actions for a long period of time not just his words for today.