View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissAC View Post

So, that is it. I have told him to move out. I can't live like this. I am absolutely heartbroken. We had a great relationship and I loved him very much. Great potential, but alcohol killed it. As it often does.

Any words of understanding would be so helpful. Every minute is a struggle today. He says he will beat it but I can't do this to myself any more.
MissAC, you will find many many people here who are and were in the same situation as you. My heart goes out to you. I have a very good friend in a similar situation which is what brought me to this forum.

IMO you are a very wise woman to say "I can't live like this" and take the steps to NOT live like this. Loving an alcoholic is such a hard road and usually gets much, much worse before it gets better. And there is NO guarantee it will ever get better.

Maybe he can beat it. Let him do so on his own and for his own reasons. Maybe he'll find his way back to AA but that is his decision to make. Live your own life and don't wait for him to beat it.

If love could cure an alcoholic this forum, and others like it, would not exist. ::Hugs:: to you.