View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MissAC

Ending relationship with an addict

Hi everyone. I am brand new here but reaching out because I need help. My boyfriend and I moved in together a little less than 4 months ago. And in this time he has told me about his addiction to alcohol. Two months on from that first conversation, he had 2 good weeks in total. The rest of the time has been a living nightmare. Finding bottles of vodka in the wardrobe, him going on a 3-day batchelor party and coming back and hitting the booze for a week. Crying, vomiting, begging me not to end our relationship.

He went to AA for 4 weeks. It helped. But then he stopped going.

Well, from the first day he told me I said he had to beat this and that was the only way we could stay together. So, after the weekend, I was away visiting family and he hit the booze again. Big time. He was in the pub with friends and also had a bottle of vodka in his bag when he got home. Crying, vomiting etc.

So, that is it. I have told him to move out. I can't live like this. I am absolutely heartbroken. We had a great relationship and I loved him very much. Great potential, but alcohol killed it. As it often does.

Any words of understanding would be so helpful. Every minute is a struggle today. He says he will beat it but I can't do this to myself any more.