Thread: Been drinking
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
ontherightpath

Fear... sounds like thats what this boils down to. Fear. I get it. I live and work in a small town full of drunks, most of them dont want help.And I am very very selective of who I tell of my drinking issues, although if I am honest, they all knew or had heard at some point or another-- whether I had passed out at the bar or was so blacked out that everyone could see it, or god forbid picked up the phone and called or texted people in my digustingly drunk state of mind. But in the town I live in, its more acceptable to be a drunk who is slowly killing themselves, than a drunk who is actively working on their issues. And by issues, I mean more than the drinking. (for me drinking is a symptom of the thinking game that I am so priveledged to endure between my ears) I dont ever push AA on anyone, mainly because it didnt work when it was pushed on me. I hated the thought of it. I have been practicing the principles of the program without attending meetings, and it has worked for me. No one can decide for you what will work. Sounds like you are getting a good head start. congrats on staying sober for a week. Thats fantastic! ? Dont let fear rob you of a solid recovery, the same way alcohol did. best wishes!!