View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 09:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
psychedelikat

Tex, it won't change. My husband is a functioning alcoholic. I've been with him for five years hoping he would change, some circumstance would magically happen that would cause everything in the world to be right and he wouldn't need to drink anymore. He drinks at LEAST 6 beers every night. Sometimes more when he's especially upset. There were a couple of times when he peed himself, but it hasn't happened often. But it doesn't take away the fact that my husband is an alcoholic, and I suspect yours is too. Our sex life has gone from W.O.W. to D.E.A.D. He rationalizes it has a perfect explanation for why he drinks, is an expert at making me feel guilty for questioning his motives for drinking, and does not think he has a problem. He says he can quit anytime. I told him to prove it. For two months he stopped cold turkey, but after a month he started asking me when he could have a beer since he'd proven he can stop any time? It's a trap I've fallen into, and one I want to get out of. Don't let yourself get as deep as I have. Love yourself first. You deserve better, no matter how wonderful he is to you, no matter how much you love him.