Thread: Been drinking
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Complexiti

I am sorry. I did not mean to sound aggressive or threatening and perhaps my use of language comes out as such and is different to yours because maybe I am from a different culture to you.

I have not had any alcohol since my first post on this thread. Nor have I purchased any.

Which surely must show that by posting again on SR that it it, at least for the moment, helping me. I need to keep up the non-drinking mindset and I desperately want to keep up this mindset.

I am calling on all my strength and will-power not to give in and I ask you all to please help me do so by just letting me talk.

It is not a matter of wrapping myself in a veil of mystery - I have very good reasons for not wanting to give out any personal details, Just look at what it says at the top of this page

"WARNING: Anonymity/Internet Predators"

well that is all I am trying to do. Keep my anonymity. Is that such a bad thing to want?

I am an alcoholic who has hidden it from all my friends and contacts for many years. I do not want them to know it now and look at me as just another old drunk, as I was called when I was at the ER when I fell.

Yes I am another old drunk, but I want to be sober. Not just for a week as I have been this time, but I want to be able to stay sober. I want to be able to go into a shop or a supermarket and ignore the row after row of alcohol without that urge to give in and pick up a bottle.

Because I know that if I pick up that bottle I will not be able to stop.