Thread: Been drinking
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Originally Posted by Complexiti View Post
Thirdly, and I honestly do not mean to offend anyone, I have said that AA is not for me. I would not go to a meeting even if there was one in the next street and I will not talk to anyone from AA either face to face or on the phone. My choice, my decision.

I have already been driven away from one alcohol self-help group by someone insisting that I must go to AA meetings, totally ignoring the fact that I had stated point blank that AA is not for me.

Please friends, do not drive me away from SR by keeping on ramming AA down my throat. It really isn't helping me.

Thanks.
Hi, Complexiti.

Don't bite the hand that helps you. It isn't necessary to threaten people who are making the time and effort to help you, even when that help is unhelpful for you. Ramming something down one's throat is aggressive (as is threatening to be driven away), and I haven't seen a single person attempt to do that with you. Your knack for hyperbole is essentially isolating you from the help you need.

You introduced yourself here by stating your concerns about being "traced" and "stalked" on the Internet. You've also stated your reluctance to reveal where you live because you're afraid of losing your privacy. You've essentially wrapped yourself in a veil of mystery. One might think that you work for the CIA or MI-6. But beyond noting that your defensive posture precludes you from providing details about your situation, none of that matters.

Having a bad turn on other sites is also not a good reason to be aggressive with people here. SR has its own rules and local customs and, again, no one here has told you that if you don't go to AA you'll die.

I achieved sobriety by working the AA Big Book Twelve Steps. I don't care whether or not you achieve sobriety in the same way. I don't get paid, nor does my stature in AA rise by bringing in new recruits.

If the help you've been receiving here is inadequate, what is it that you're looking for?