View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 10:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
GettingSober

Originally Posted by TracyAgain
I have been thinking a lot about what I'd rather be doing for a career and with spare time. I would like to return to school, but I've been down that road and know there would be little time and no money for play. For now it feels more important for to learn how to play again. I'd love to go parasailing in the Carribean, and will someday, but right now my sights are set on more modest fun.
What got me to notice it was my 4 year old daughter. My god she is happy all the time and jumping skipping singing giggling. I said wow I am really flocked up!

The level of enthusiasm about learning, wow wish I could have that back. I may have gotten some of it at work. I am in IT and implemented a cool debugger for our programs. Its something to make it cool and get the computer to work as hard as me. Buddy is running financials at Kraft, mainframes, staring down the barrel of being outsourced to India and his wife does not work, has 2 kids and no other skills.

Things could be worse for me, need to stop thinking so far in advance, thats nothing but a projection of my fears...

One day at a a time.

:hugs: