View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HopefulinFLA

Need a little advice please

So RAH has encountered his third "slip" in as many weeks, each one a little worse than the previous. So my guess is maybe he's now AH again. Not really sure what he's going to do.

Trying to talk to him about anything drinking related lately is like talking to a sullen teenager. He stares at the ground, speaks as little as possible, and finds a reason to escape as soon as he can. Jerk.

I am not going to live the rest of my life paying most of the bills and supporting his drunk @ss. I'm tired of feeling anxious, sad, angry, emotionally neglected, and depressed. This is no way to live my life.

Here's where the advice part comes in. I own my house and he and I are not legally married, (I've always referred to him as my husband, because at our age boyfriend just sounds off to me). I can no longer afford to live here alone as my income has not kept up with the cost of living, which means I may need a room mate sometime in the near future. I don't know anyone who might want to rent a room, and the thought of moving a complete stranger into my house terrifies me, but I need to start thinking about what I may have to do.

Have any of you taken on a room mate? If so, how did you go about safely finding the right person.

Ugh, I just feel so down tonight.