View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Ilya

Well I tried to do a multi-quote but I couldn't figure it out, so I'll try to remember everything I can...

Shoshie, I think it's great you're letting your husband know you're not ready yet. I think that that is the best way to deal with it. I have a spouse who has a fine relationship with alcohol and honestly I haven't thought of asking him to take it to the shop. I think that's because I'm still so sickened by my last experience that I just don't want any of it. I'm more nervous socially, as it turns out. Please let us know how it goes.

Chris, what an amazing time! I love those stories. I'm so glad you felt elated while sober. I can't wait to feel that way. I might have to ride a roller coaster or something!

Aarryckha, wow I'm sorry you're suffering so much from insomnia. This may sound silly but I have a very busy brain and I often suffer from insomnia. I've found that the most surefire way to knock myself out is reading a book. Sorry if I'm making you laugh right now, I know you're struggling. I have felt in the past that I needed to charter a semi truck to knock me out because no amount of supplements or warm glasses of milk were going to do it. But sure enough, if I read something that takes me away, combined with the back and forth eye movement, it's bedtime for bonzo. And I absolutely cannot be hungry either. I resort to valerian but only when it's been a while because I too build up a resistance.

Welcome to the new folks!

I've forgotten what else I'd like to say.

I'm going to go take a bath and watch "The Returned". I'll check back in a bit

Ilya