View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Michtizz

Hi all,

Just checking in before I head to bed. Great to read the chat on here even if I can't always contribute when at work.

Had a nice Friday evening in with my son. We watched a film on the telly and I cooked a stir fry. We've always had a close relationship but in recent months, he's been a bit distant. I put it down to teenage angst on his part (which I'm sure it partly is) but tonight's been so much better and I can't help wondering if I'm feeling more inclined to communicate... It's a two way street.

I realised, on leaving work, how completely ingrained that Friday feeling of 'the weekend is here - let's party' is in me. Fortunately, I was driving home today (which took 3 hours because of a horrible accident on the motorway) so I was able to let it subside. I've quite enjoyed drinking tea tonight but it feels a bit odd not to be cracking into a bottle of red.

It'll be lovely to wake tomorrow with no hangover - I'll crack on with my ironing pile and then make a bacon sandwich before heading off to the event.

Keep with it you fine, fine people. Stay strong..