Thread: alone
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Story, I wish I was your neighbour and I'd come help you with the children and then we could have tea and cheesecake and talk about life and new dreams.

I was raised by a single mother, my dad died of cancer when I was 6. But I had a loving home and from my mother I learned so many things about survival and finding joy in each day. I learned how to budget and stretch money until it squealed, I learned that so many fun things in life don't cost a penny, like picnics and church concerts and taking a walk in nature picking wildflowers and watching the wildlife. I learned how to help around the house and that sharing the chores was no better or worse than sharing the food she provided. I learned about honesty and trust, I learned that it's better to live in a home with one happy parent than an unhappy home with two like my friend Linda.

It is hard, as an adult I look back at how my mother raised my two brothers and I and I don't know how she did it...and she held a full time job as well, 5 days a week, 49 weeks a year. And she did it without complaining or showing us how tired she was...I am sorry for that part today, I wish she had shared her feelings more.

My point is, this is hard for you and you will have days when you wonder how you can make it...but you will and one day your children will learn from you that life can be hard but it can still be lived well and with happiness.

My prayers go out for all of you and I hope you have better days ahead.

Hugs