View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
trudgingagain

Love chiropractors, IF you find the right one. I went to one a LOT for neck problems. No jerking type....it was great! Well, made it to the meeting. Provost wanted to hear "my side of the story". Said she hasn't spoken to the other parties involved (in SIX MONTHS??? REALLY???) Anyway, bottom line is she will make a decision in 10 days. Seems as though they will "reinstate" me and provide a "mentor"....I was fine with that....I have had two coaches in years past, and received rave reviews. Typically, I do more work than they do in their own classes. It is a bit insulting, having to "build back up" to my previous status (it seems, but....I can be humble. I told the Provost that this is a matter of principle and my professional integrity....I will continue to pursue this if I need to do so, since I have nothing to lose. Apparently, I am the FIRST adjunct faculty member (out of about 2600) who has EVER taken non-reassignment to this level. Soooooo the Senate rep. says I am "paving the way". That's fine too. Yes, it is tough to see my mother-in-law in her current state. She used to outlast even the kids. Hubby is really struggling as he doesn't know if this may be the last time he sees her. JL...hope your wife feels better soon! DD...have fun this weekend. I am sure that you won't drink either No more from my daughter....only a few days left during which I may have any time....I am really sad about this....but...things happen for a reason. I am where I am supposed to be at this very moment. (BUT, I sure wish I was back in CR at the beach....lol....