View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TexasGirl

Unhappy Venting for now...

First, I want to say that I have only posted twice now, and everyone's responses have been very helpful. I know I will be taking a lot from you at the beginning, but maybe eventually I will be able to offer something in return. My previous posts have been about whether to stay or go since we are young married with no kids and whether he is even an alcoholic or a "problem drinker." I have heard some great advice, and I know what I should do probably, but I'm just not up for the "go" part yet. I guess I haven't been pushed past my limit. So for now, I'm venting. A friend of ours has been staying with us off and on recently for work. It's a short-term thing, and he's a nice guy, so I don't mind. I don't think he really knew how much or how often my H drank. Well, last night, my H passed out on the couch around 7. Usually when he's had that much, he ends up urinating on the couch, but it's usually after I go to bed. Unfortunately, he ended up doing so around 10 while his friend and I were still up. I was so embarassed! The way he was sitting caused it all to run down his pants and onto the floor. So in front of someone else, I'm soaking up towels of urine off our hardwood floors. I felt so belittled. I can't believe the things I have been accepting as OK. A true alcoholic or not, this is not the way to live.