View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zoey09

Yoga in recovery

I overcame a huge hurdle tonight and I'm feeling so proud and such good energy I almost want to cry haha. I've practised yoga by myself for years and always wanted to go to a class. Anxiety from my addictions has kept me from doing that. Some days it got so bad that I wouldn't even go to the grocery store... I felt so ashamed and so much anxiety (I felt like people could see right they me) that I wouldn't want to be out in public or talk to anyone.

I went to my first yoga class today. It was hot yoga and It felt amazing. I have two weeks sober today, and I'm sick of being stuck in the cycle of addiction. My anxiety has subsided, and I am sick of being by myself. I am sick of choosing to soothe my loneliness with substances, only to feel even more alone the next day. I am sick of complaining about how much I hate my life, when I have a beautiful life.

I am choosing to try new things. To choose things that will bring me joy. Things that don't revolve around "going for drinks" or "doing some rails". I am choosing to meet new people and treat my mind and body better, and today was a big step in the right direction. Just wanted to share that, thanks for reading and Namaste : )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-2490637439.jpg (60.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg
image-287493461.jpg (58.5 KB, 39 views)