Thread: An Update....
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hopeful4

An Update....

Well, I am just plugging away I guess. Saw AH yesterday just in exchange of children, he did not speak to me. Later send a text basically saying I want to be buds but he is mad. Really, he is mad??!! What about me. I responded nicely and said yes, I still care and hope he can find a way for us to coparent successfully. I keep putting it all back to the kids.

So today I call him this morning to figure out a schedule (my kids do want to see them and he is taking a sobriety test first). He basically said he plans to open his own accounts and will use the money we owe back to his sister for paying off his restution for an attorney. What??? My parents paid half of that money (this was $4k total, she paid two, my parents paid two). So I am at a place where I am not sure what to do. No way am I handing him $2k. However, I did think about saying here is $1k and I took $1k since my mother paid. I am also thinking about just saying tough, pay her back yourself. This $ came from our tax refund FYI.

I called two attorneys today as I have decided to use a different attorney after hearing a few things about the one I had thought I would use. I went today and opened a checking account in my name only. I also am opening a PO Box today and changing my banking and things like that to the PO box.

I can tell he has made a significant shift in attitude as he sees I am truly done.

My kids are up and down. My older daughter had a hard time last night, she was just quiet and hurting I know. My younger daughter is at least talking about things just a little.

It's really hard b/c he won't get his stuff out. I have to move forward and do it quickly, it is just super hard to get it all organized. Don't worry folks, there is 0% chance of me ever going back with him. I have officially shed 185 lbs in the form of one drunken man that I no longer have to be a mother to!

Thanks for letting me ramble away!