Old 03-19-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
pacificsunrise

oh Pippi, how do I feel for you. and the pain of having to look at your kids with having worn out shoes, used clothes, not being able to play sports like the other kids (because paying $40 to play a sport seems like a luxury), being asked if they can go to school activities or other events and having to give stupid, vague answers like "we'll see" and "maybe", knowing full well that it won't happen because there is not enough $ for it and feeling like sh** because you just lied to your kid. dreading birthdays and Christmas for a whole year ahead because you already know that it is going to be close to impossible to pull them off without major disappointments. and which mother wants to disappoint their kid?

I am not going to tell you not to write the letter. I am proud of you for being able to put all this pain into words and send it off in the right direction. it does not matter that our As don't get it. it does not matter that it may or may not change anything. and it is not about us being right and them being wrong.

it is about our kids. our little angels, that get to suffer in all this craziness. they did not deserve this nor did they ask for it. as bad as we as mothers feel, they are the true victims.

so, please, do vent away. you have the right to. and you have earned that right. you have earned it with all those sleepless nights when your kids were sick;with all those times that you went without, just so they can have fun at the fair or with their friends; with all the times you had to do it alone, when all you needed was another adult just to be there.

thank you for the courage. thank you for the empowerment. thank you for being you. thank you for being there for your kids. you and your kids will be in my prayers.

hugs and hope.

pacific