View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 09:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
GettingSober

Originally Posted by TracyAgain
Good-bye loose teeth means different things, I guess.

Tracy
Faraway, CO - Thats a bummer. Sorry for your loss. The flipside of course is that you have lived long enough to have that problem. I am fighting another rotator cuff tear but the good doc says its not good enough for surgery this time.

Cuff problem is an over 40 thing ( and in my case falling straight down drunk with arm outstretched ), unless your a pro athlete. I think I can bring it around.

But its funny how making it this far does not seem to make it more bearable. Dad used to say when I was small that nature takes enough things from you so that you no longer care to live.

But tonight I realized I suffer from a bigger problem, not enjoying life like I used to when I was young. I'm still in good shape, its the desk job all day, supporting the family and having a career that is beginning to feel more and more like a sinking ship - while not doing the fun things, largely its 1) be more freaking active 2) Keep your eyes open for intresting things to do an maybe a career that is more interesting.

If I am to enjoy Life Part II then I need to make some changes. The booze was probably shutting down those feelings.

I have much to sort out.

As for the meth comment from GoldenGutters, I read some terrible things about kids caught in that mess, if you know people using try to watch out for their kids, hell turn them in if it helps.

Just had a funny thought. When I left the office today I was pooped. I checked my wallet to see if there was enough booze money. I put the wallet and the thought away, made a mental note to swing by here later.

But the funny thing is, when I flew freight all nite, so tired cops would pull me over driving home from the airport - I never once thought about stopping and getting alchohol. My career is killing me. How to switch when you have a 5k a month burn rate? Now thats a neat trick.