View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ididit

Hello everyone.
Drummer I hope you don't mind I am going to address Marvin first, because he seems to be in a lot of pain, and then I will get back to you right away.
MARVIN - hang in there my friend. This will not be an easy task. But you have to remember, you are doing this for YOURSELF and you are almost there. To be completely honest, I remember days 10-15 very well. They were very emotional days for me. Let those tears out dear, they need to come out. You are crying because you are getting all of your emotions, thoughts, and feelings back. Deep breathes darling. It's okay. It's almost over. You are doing so amazing. DAY 10 IS OUTSTANDING. Okay, so it's been a really hard day for you. It has to get worse before it can get better sometimes. I had my bad days too, and I STILL HAVE BAD DAYS! Just less frequently. You see, methadone leaves your body in a very uneven way, so unfortunately we cannot predict when our bad days are and when our good days are. I wish I can give you a time darling, to tell you a date when everything is going to be better , but I can't. Everyone is different. I can assure you, you are so close. Keep holding through. This was a bad day for you, and everything you do feels like such a task right? I went through the same ****, but I promise you it gets better. Try to keep yourself occupied. Call someone, watch television, soak yourself in a hot bath for hours if you need to, take deep breathes. Calm down. It's okay. I can assure you it's all going to be okay. You are doing something amazing for yourself and recovery takes time. Each day that passes is another day where your brain is adjusting and going back to normal darling. Just stay calm, and think of it this way. What is the WORST that can happen???? Your doing this. You really are. Keep holding on my friend. Venting is good. Letting it out helps. Try jotting it down on a piece of paper, the way your feeling. I was taught this in recovery. So that tomorrow, you can look back on your written thoughts and see the progress you've made. Write here daily of you can, so we can chat and encourage one another to keep holding on.

DRUMMER - congrats on day 7 darling!!!!!! How are you feeling??? That person that offered you opiates, delete them from your life if you can. It is dangerous in recovery to have a trigger like that. But I am so glad to hear you didn't succumb to the devil. Opiates are the enemy and what got us here in the first place. I am so proud of you for staying strong honey. I am glad your doctor has given you some anti depressants. They should take a week or two to kick in. Also, I'm so sorry to hear you had a rough night last night, but it does get worse before it gets better right??? I'm so proud of you, your on day 7. That is incredible. Sounds like the diarrhea is still a problem for you. But hey, on the bright side, the diarrhea is actually your bodies way of releasing all of the toxins from your body. I know it's beyond annoying to have diarrhea all day everyday, but darling trust me, the diarrhea goes away and so will all of your symptoms. I used to hate waking up in the middle of the night for extreme diarrhea. But you also MUST keep in mind, your body is releasing all of the poison and toxins. Gosh I'm so proud of you guys you have no idea. Take me as an example, I felt just the way you did when you were feeling it. You are not alone by any means, I am right here with you. Rooting for you. Encouraging you. I am here for you. It gets better I promise you it gets better. Let me know how your feeling.