View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
jaynie04

Originally Posted by JMM99 View Post
Didn't Kissimee post on the secular forum. Hmmm. I thought that was for people who use other things besides AA. So why are people getting all weird??
Look at the thread title. If I drive around with a bumper sticker that says "righties are annoying" it is very different than driving around with a bumper sticker that says "lefties rock'.

Catchy title, and one sure to get a lot of hits, but having a discussion within the confines of a forum versus posting a negative comment on the outside of a forum might be the difference. I have looked at other forums where it is a free for all, they disintegrate into pissing matches and no one comes away with anything but the short term satisfaction of verbally one upping one another. The longer I am here the more I respect the civility we all practice.

Maybe this is a good way to open up a discussion about thread titles. Not to get all Big Brother but being able to post thread titles that could be considered inflammatory? Something to think about. Kinda like throwing something out in court and then striking it, the point was made, whether softened or rescinded, it still was put out there.