Thread: day 1/2
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Amajorityofone

Friend-

I had to work in a toxic atmosphere for several hours yesterday. Thus, I was literally surrounded by scores of people drinking, smoking, and drugging on God knows what.

At one time, we were giving out ice cold free beers! Coor's lights and Miller lite's. One of my good friends was there. He doesn't leave home without at least a jar of the finest weed I've ever smelled. He was (obviously) baked higher than a freaking cake. One of the nicest people I met yesterday was a meth head. He was having a swell time. I honestly could not have cared less. When someone offered to buy me a drink, I simply said, "I'm driving."....and I was. When the job was done, I drove straight home, where my family was waiting for me. All of us, stone cold sober.

Yes, I was in the same place. Yet, I am no longer of the same place. I felt completely detached. I'm almost nineteen months down the path of 100% sobriety and feeling stronger everyday. I say this to you so that you know that it is possible to be both sober, and have a good time on St. Patty's day.

There is no greater feeling than waking up, stone cold sober.

Be Encouraged!