View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

I sure don't fit the proper description of a drunk.
Don't be too sure about that, Karate. It's amazing what one can achieve when they are motivated enough. Plenty of active alcoholics can do well for years with their drinking, as long as they have a readiness to be functional. Its clear enough to me from your many threads you like to drink when it feels right, and you'd rather not drink when it feels wrong. Drinking on feelings is a classic alcoholic play. You could still go for more years this way. Quitting for good and all is not in the cards for you, you've made certain of that. We all gotta do what we gotta do, to be who we are in our own appreciation of ourselves.

Will it all catch up to you, cause a tipping point? Put you in a place where drinking costs you more then it gives? I believe the writing is on the wall for that time to arrive eventually. In the meantime, just want you to know from me what your doing isn't original or unique. And neither is quitting for that matter unique either. Many of us have quit for good. Its not for everyone.

I'm not one for convincing others to not drink. It's not a deal-breaker for me that you drink, as long as you own it. I think your research is nothing more than a mental play toy while drinking. No worries. We all gotta play the hand that's dealt to us.