Old 03-15-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Noolan

Just had my first and only bottle filled of Ambien. Prior to this, I was prescribed temazepam for the last 16 months. My experience started out innocent enough by taking it as needed. As time progressed, I found it became a daily habit during the week, which would only be offset on Friday and Saturday, because I'd be drinking heavy those nights. This led to a dependence to it and ultimately made my withdrawals that much harder.

Now specifically to Ambien, I was prescribed 10mg pills, and it certainly would knock me out, but I would wake up a few hours later and need to take another to get a full night of sleep. This led to me taking 2-3 a night. Last week after my last relapse I decided it was time to get off it as well. And honestly I feel Ambien may have been contributing to my depression, but it's hard to say, as I was using it coming off 16 months of use of my other script.

I know the hopelessness that comes with not being able to sleep. That said, RXs will help, but may just be a bandaid as tolerance will develop and you may yourself taking more. Basically
I'm saying, if you choose the RX route, proceed with caution.