View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
slowburn60

So there are people like me. - Those that don't necessarily need a drink everyday but still want to stop drinking.

I feel this is an appropriate place for me to vent. I've now been about 7 weeks without smoking the green. Unfortunately, I turned to drinking more alcohol to compensate. It was a good few weeks having at least one drink per day which is pretty mild but enough for me to feel attached to it.

The turning point for me was a couple of months ago having yet another blackout and embarrassing myself. I've stopped smoking and drinking in the past for a couple months at a time. It never left me feeling much better but I think I've come to the conclusion that not drinking outweighs and benefit of drinking.

The last two weeks I've only had a total of around 6 drinks in 3 sessions. The horrible part is the insomnia (was already bad after quitting weed).

I've lurked these sort of forums in the past but never had the courage to reply. So here I am. About an hour ago I went for a walk out. Wanted to find some live music somewhere but couldn't. Walking home started to feel anxious as a panic attack started - HUGE ache in the heart/chest, one of the worst I've had.

I really don't know what to do about my social life. It just plain sucks. I've been avoiding people mostly due to anxiety and the fact that ALL my friends drink or smoke to some degree. It's just the normal thing for people my age (20's) living in a city to do - that is go out or go to parties and drink!

I feel bored as which no amount of movies or books is going to alleviate. I've still been going out to pubs for comedy shows, live music, meals but just drinking a coke/water.

I just feel so alone because when I think about it 80% I spend with friends is to go out drinking! Also I almost feel like I'll never get laid again (I'm single). It's just I have never had sex while sober!