Old 03-13-2014, 11:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
matt4x4

Originally Posted by EJ43 View Post
just spoke to a therapist, so so so so hard. Made appointment. Now I have a birthday party tonight that I have to attend and there will be drinks everywhere. Got a sitter for only a couple of hours, no open ended night for me. My traps tonight

Hubby away on business, who will know?

Haven't seen therapist yet, live it up!

How to explain to MY family why I of all people aren't drinking.

Why not?

All of which I don't want to do. Sitting on my bed with a healthy does of anxiety busting through my anxiety meds. I am committed to not drinking tonight. Sigh....don't want to cry....
Well to be quite honest. People who notice that you arent drinking and mention it are most likely alcoholics. Also the ones that push drinks your way are most likely alcoholics. See the normal, social drinker does not care if you drink or not. The could care less. But you play the tape, you play the game, you think this or that, that you must drink. You dont have to do anything. You can go to that party late and leave early. Drink your coke, cut the cake, eat the cake, and say sorry guys I have to work early, or I got something to do at home. Then go wash the dishes. Nothing in life is permanent, except perhaps the damage caused by alcohol abuse.