Old 03-13-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
grubby

Question The lack of sleep is the REAL killer, a question about Ambien.....

Day 24.

Like I said in that other post, the first two weeks were literally "hell on Earth" for me in terms of not being able to get ANY sleep. I think in the first week I slept MAYBE 6 hours total the whole week. It felt like absolute death.

Anyway, I have had this Ambien 10mg prescription from my doctor for a little over a week now and I have not went and gotten the pills yet. Around day 6 I seemed to sleep okay for a few days, but now, a little past 1 week later it seems the insomnia is starting to come back with a vengeance. Yesterday I took a Doxylamine Succinate 25 mg tablet, which is supposedly a "strong" sleep pill, and nothing happened. I laid there until 4 am and here I am at 6:40 AM just browsing the internet to kill time.

My question is about Ambien, after getting home from my doctor visit I immediately Googled it out of curiosity and stumbled onto a bunch of horror stories involving memory loss, driving while asleep, over-dosing on more pills while asleep, and other bizarre stuff. Was also reading that it is yet another addictive drug.

Has anyone here used, or are they using Ambien? Is it safe? And what dosage?

I don't trust prescription drugs, that's why I've been sticking to OTC sleep pills. But now that those are not working (again), I am considering trying something a littler "heavier" like Ambien.

I NEED to get some sleep, it just seems impossible for some reason........