View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
choublak

Originally Posted by milky View Post
Yeah I'm struggling with the decision. I mean my wife is what people would call a functioning alcoholic. On the surface we look like we're doing good but really she's miserable. I was hoping that she would notice how good/happy I am not drinking and maybe follow suit but it appears to be having the exact opposite effect. She has tried to get me to drink on several occasions. She's not straight asking me to drink but she is putting me in tough situations because that's where she wants to be. She isn't exactly happy with my physical transformation either. I told her I would workout for her if I could but I can't. It's sad because she is stronger than she thinks. She can be the person she wants to be.

I told her yesterday that I wanted to join a running club so that I could socialize with healthy happy people more. She didn't like that but I can't keep waiting for her to fix herself. I'm still going to do it. Maybe she'll decide to start coming with me........
First of all, congrats on YOUR sobriety.

Have you been to any AA meetings? Being in recovery and living with someone who keeps trying to get you to drink puts your sobriety at stake.

I used to think coming up with new activities would help my A in that they would be a distraction from drinking. I was wrong. The A will just show up to the activity drunk. I'm not saying that's what you're doing. Just some food for thought.