Thread: New Guy
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cah87

Red face New Guy

Hello everyone, I am 27 from Michigan. I have decided to turn to online support because groups like AA just aren't my thing. I have been drinking to the point of unconsciousness since since late middle school. Although I have had some sobriety in between it has progressively gotten a lot worse. I landed the best paying job I've ever had in my life, stuck it out for about 2 years, then quit because I could barely function let alone be a manager with how hung over I was. It has affected my health to the point where I feel like I cannot breathe the next day, my chest/head/face and arms get tingly and numb. I lost my girlfriend of 3 years a few months after I quit my job because I promised to stop drinking but didn't and will most likely lose my house now.

The list of crap alcohol has caused in my life goes on and on, but I'm sure you all get the picture. Anyway, I'm going on day 3 sober and just feel like I need to hear from others who have already been through this sort of thing to help me stay strong.