View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Refiner

You're in a tough place. My good friend and her father are dealing with an even worse situation with the mother/wife who is mid to late 70's. Husband enabled her drinking just to not hear her **tching all the time to him. After about 12 failed rehabs and numerous hospital stays he is divorcing her. However, she is now playing the "I can't take care of myself" card (just because she is drinking). She will literally not bathe or eat for months at a time. Before this last hospital stay she was laying in her own filth on the bedroom floor for a week. Ambulance took her away and she couldn't walk or talk. They carted her over to a nursing home two days ago to "get rehabilitated" to take care of herself. When she realized where she was, she miraculously can now walk and talk and wants out of there to "go home". No one wants her. The man's attorney says "he's stuck" and won't be able to get divorced as long as she plays the "I can't help or take care of myself" card... which is exactly what she's doing. She's playing a game. How is your mother getting the alcohol?