View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
caboblanco

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
It would seem that information about the medical value of alcohol or marijuana or opiates or adderall gets twisted into craziness by the rationalizing mind of a statistically significant fraction of the human population.

The human talent for rationalizing may even surpass the human talent for scientific research! What could be more human than to decide--after reading red wine reduces the risk of heart disease--that it is okay to eat two large pizzas if you chase it with two glasses of red wine. We all know someone who runs three miles on a treadmill so they can have the "Monster" sundae at the local ice cream shoppe.

I have used the valid concept "excessive stress is unhealthy" to rationalize taking several drinks. The problem is not science but the crazy way I insist on misinterpreting science when I am not thinking right.
ahh..I just rather doctors and other professionals tell me things straight up rather then filtering them to fit my special needs..or worse yet lying to me...drinking two glasses of wine a day as a health benefit has nothing to do with suggesting moderation for problem drinkers..only a career recovering alcoholic would put those two together