View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
MattyBoy

As much as I appreciate your input on this site Karate, I am a little confused as to your intentions. Having looked over some of your previous threads, a lot of them centre on the negative effects of alcohol with regard to sleep, anxiety, mental clarity etc. I denote from your posts that you are acutely aware of the damaging side effects alcohol has and you often seem keen to re iterate them to others so I am confused as to why you would choose to moderate.

More importantly however, the fact you post regularly on this site about moderating demonstrates that alcohol, even if you are only drinking it in moderate quantities , is taking centre stage in your life and psyche. Do you think people who enjoy a few beers now and then or even every day who aren't experiencing the negative effects of alcohol would post frequently on a recovery site? For them drinking doesn't dominate their psyche and is of little importance. For you, and maybe I'm getting this wrong, it seems that it does dominate your thoughts and the only way to change that is abstinence. Alcoholism is more about obsession with alcohol than merely how much you drink and how frequently, so maybe ask yourself how much of your thoughts and actions are devoted to alcohol.

Good luck with whatever you decide, I just wish the best for you