View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alkaline

Thoughts after 3 weeks

I've noticed that it hasn't been a straight-line progression. I'll be fine for a few days and then, inexplicably, have a very strong craving. Most useful tools to date have been the concept of the AV or 'addictive voice' that I've heard here. It helps me put the craving in perspective and it's not 'me' that wants a beer, it's that thing that I've let take up residence in my heart/soul/mind for 30 years. It's not being fed now and it acts up on occasion. Another useful tool is early bedtime and a good book. Also, long walks and workouts.

Changes I've noticed - first and foremost, quality of sleep and mornings are awesome. I have been more moody, irritable on occasion, I'll admit. Although didn't help when wife said, 'you probably wouldn't be as grouchy if you had a beer in your hand' (wait, did you really say that?)

I've also noticed root beer tastes pretty damn good with pizza! Also, I really enjoy driving home from a restaurant (smaller bill, btw), and not being the least bit concerned about being pulled over.

My original intent was to go 100 days, and then reassess. I'm not looking too far in thefuture right now, but I'm starting to think I could just stop altogether and it might not be the end of the world.