View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
matt4x4

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
I screwed up and drank tonight and I want it to go away
Good for you. However no one can really help you once you have taken that drink. You have already believe a lie that it is going to be different this time. But since this is internet, hopefully you will sober up and read this. But normally if you called me up on my cell phone after you have taken a drink, I can not help you, sorry. But like I said this is different.

So you drank tonight. Same old same old. You want to get sober but you do not know what to do, right? I know of a solution that has worked for me and countless millions of other alcoholics just like you and me. Its called ALcoholics anonymous. We work on the 12 steps, this is the original 12 steps. Everyone else copies the AA program, changing one word............ALCOHOL. why do they copy AA, because AA works. It has a more then 75% success rate. The best odds I have seen around, anywhere. I suggest you go check out AA, go to a few meetings, buy a Big Book our basic text book, start reading the stories in theback. Get a sponsor, someone who can help you go through all 12 steps as layed out in the Big Book. This is life or death so we do not delay. We do not take our time, we get to it....action and more action. Tell me this, does a cancer patient wait to feel better, get comfortable, drink endless amount of coffee, get some friends, do 90 meetings in 90 days then call up the doctor for chemotherapy? No Way. We get to it right away, same with booze. Anyway i am tempted to go on and on, but its getting close to my bedtime, I have to wind-down and go to sleep so I can go to school tomorrow. Amazing aint it, I am the oldest guy in my class. This is what happens when we have recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body. Miracles and dreams happen when we have achieved sobriety. Just being sober is easy, not drinking is just the start. Putting down the bottle has nothing to do with our problem at hand. It is our thinking and attitudes that must change. It must or it kills us. Simple isnt it. I wish you the best of luck. Go see a doctor, go to a detox facility. Get some help. Alcoholics Anonymous only works if you work it. Countless "members' in AA dont work anything, no steps, no nothing, they just go to meetings. Meetings keep no one sober. It is working the steps as its layed out in our primary text book called the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous that keeps us sober. However this is just one program that is highly successful. You are welcome to try out the other programs out there. Not too sure of what all they are. SMART recovery is one that comes to mind, not as widespread as AA. Church has helped a few people. Working out. Moving to a different area. Yoga. Travelling. Women. Men. Family. Birth. Dogs. Cats. Pin Therapy.

Have a Good Night.

Remember this.

If you dont drink

You dont get drunk.