Old 03-05-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
LadyinBC
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by least View Post
I tried and failed over and over. I was near to giving up, but I was so damn sick and tired of always being sick and tired that I gave it one last try... and that was the one that worked.

If you are having trouble staying sober, keep trying. Never give up!
Yup this was me. I was mentally and physically exhausted of being sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Something just clicked in my brain and I realized that in order to stop this cycle I had to change ME.

At that point I was willing to do ANYTHING to stay sober. Counselling, daytox, AA, absolutely anything and with an open mind. I have so gone out of my comfort zone.

I have to put as much effort into staying sober as I did into staying drunk. And I put a lot of effort into staying drunk. It was exhausting! All the things I wasn't willing to do in the past I turned it around and asked myself "if I would have had to do this to get my booze would I have done it?" and the answer was always yes. If I am willing to do it for the booze I have to be willing to do it to stay sober. That is basically what sealed the deal for me.