Old 03-04-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MRSH4

Fighting the urge to defend myself and argue

Sitting here being blamed for everything under the sun... it's your fault I spilled my last bottle of pain meds, you always take my stuff, you move my things, you throw out my meds, your'e trying to control me....blah blah blah. He's getting help but apparently not fast enough or the right kind. I refuse to do this "dance" with him. I just keep replying, we are happy to drive you for inpatient or outpatient help at any time. It's tricky with my son. He actually had a valid script for a pain med - his last one per his pain dr. He abused it earlier last week so we took it to dole out the dosing. This morning, while he was sneakily transferring it to another bottle, he dropped and spilled it.......Does he honestly still have pain? He does have a few diagnoses but his behavior contradicts that there is still pain or pain requiring meds anyway. At this point he is trying anything at all to get a "rise" from someone in the house. We may actually have to change our original statement from, " you can stay as long as you are sober and taking positive steps by getting help" to inpatient or out of our house....ugh.