View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lance40

Day 3....cleared a hurdle

The heat was on earlier this afternoon as I suspected it would be. Day 1 I was hungover and didn't even like the thought of alcohol. Day 2 I was kind of on a high about deciding to quit drinking plus it was an "off" day in my binge pattern.

I knew when I went back to work it would get real. Usually when I leave the office at 4:30pm I walk by the liquor store and buy my fix for the evening. Around 4 I started to feel some strong cravings, and I really needed to post on this forum which wouldn't have been wise due to personal use of my office computer.

Along with the cravings I had this little voice inside telling me it wouldn't be so bad to just go ahead and indulge a little bit. Somehow I was able to push through it and walked home a different way that didn't go by the liquor store. By the time I was halfway home the cravings had subsided, and I knew I was going to be okay....for now.

I really need to figure out a way to get connected to this forum when I'm at work because I really needed the support there for a few minutes this afternoon.