View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Crossfitdad

OP: I think you need to reassess you situation. If you can take a drink or leave it, that's fine. But are you hurting yourself or others with your drinking? Many folks on here are good people and care about their recovery as well as yours (if necessary); however, I do think there may be an element in the recovery community that thinks if they can't drink no one else should. IMHO, any drinker will be suspect under the tests for alcoholism. I'm no professional by a longshot, but is say as long as you aren't drinking during the day, aren't craving booze, abiding or neglecting your family/responsibilities/or your health, what's the problem? This leads to another question though...if you don't have concerns, why are you posting here?

I had many concerns about my drinking, but I'm also a bit of a hypochondriac. I made some foolish errors on alcohol as a young man (but really, who hasn't?). I went sober for a few months and decided it wasn't worth it. Since my early 20s, my alcohol consumption changed. It changed from getting &$@! faced every weekend to drinking a bit too much every night. Over the years my intake went down, but with age and kids i became concerned i was drinking too much. I'm now to the point of about 2-3 beers per night - is that healthy? Probably not, but neither is eating a sugar infused donut. Will I overindulge a little sometime in the future when out with friends? I'm sure, but that's fine for me and I have accepted it. i think ive learned to show some responsibility and quit blaming beer.

I hope you find your answers. If you really have a problem, you need to get help. Only you know.