View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Rickh54

Checking in with my November friends. Glad to hear you are all progressing and thriving. Good for you all.
112 days for me today. 16 weeks. Had a great weekend. My 60th birthday on Saturday.
My 3 kids and their spouses and my wife really went all out for me. 40 people for a bowling party. 1 year old to 70 years old and everyone in between. So much fun to see the little cousins bowl and have fun together. Then back to our house for a party.
My daughter had sent a note to all those old dear friends of mine requesting a story or two about Rick and our relationship over the years. Had about 50 responses so it was really something to see how my circle feels about me. I was in tears.
Many great gifts and cards. So special.
Having a drink didnt cross my mind, honestly. I was so elated to be taking it all in and enjoying my day, the last thing I wanted was to cloud it in booze.
Sunday, my 3 kids, two little grandsons and wife went down to our rec. property for a bon fire and wiener roast. Snowing and cold but we had a great time. Fired up the furnace in the RV and we all sat and talked about many things. They all wanted to know how I was doing with my abstinence and how I made it thru the weekend without. I told them it was easy. I was loved and thats all I need. I truly am a lucky and blessed 60 year old guy.