View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JustAGirl1971

Hi, flipped. It's been two weeks for me, too. Our break was planned almost two months before though, so I feel like I had the bulk of the grieving done before he actually left. I do still have my moments. Usually it's a memory that surfaces but sometimes it's just the thought of leading lives separate from one another. Like your X, mine has not reached out except regarding the kids or the divorce and that is done almost entirely via email or text. We have not seen each other in just over two weeks, and have only spoken via telephone twice during that time. It's a catch-22. On one hand, it makes you feel like you really didn't mean that much to them... but on the other hand (and more importantly), it makes it so much easier to move on! I do feel like I can breathe for the first time in a very long time. Our home is more peaceful, my teens are happier, and overall I am content. As long as I stay focused on the here and now, my children, myself & my recovery, I feel good. Every day, I feel a little stronger.

Just keep the focus on you and you'll be ok. Staying present in the moment really helps me (looking back mires me down and looking too far forward makes me panic.) It definitely is a process.

You sound so much stronger and healthier today, flipped. Great work! May each day get a little easier and a little brighter