View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TitiEmily

to confront or not...

I have not seen/spoken to/been in contact with my AS for two weeks. A couple days ago, he called my parents and told them he was in another state, got arrested for driving under the influence without a license, and needed them to send him $2000 for bail money. Luckily, my parents were suspicious and called me; I told them that, first, there is no truth to that story at all, and second, even if there was, they should absolutely NOT send him any money! They got a second call from someone pretending to be his lawyer, and told that person they cannot help.

I am pretty much beyond being surprised at anything he pulls, but I am still angry that he would try to swindle his 70-year-old retired grandparents out of their money. Usually I am his target...I guess since I have started sticking to my boundaries he is looking for new enablers.

I am struggling because part of me wants to send him an email telling him that I know what he did. I don't expect it to make any difference, I am not looking for any particular response from him; I just want him to know that I know. However, part of me thinks, maybe I need to stick to having no contact with him. It has been tough for me, and maybe I am just looking for an excuse to get in touch? On the other hand, I want him to know that his grandparents and I are on the same page, that we communicate, and that no one in the family is going to support him, financially or otherwise, in his current actions (addiction, dealing, fugitive).

Any thoughts from people who have been through this before?