View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Br00ksie
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Onestep, hang in there. I am sorry you are hurting so much. Rest and heal and stay with it. How about getting back to AA, since you had help with that before?

Question:

What do you bring in place of wine when you go to a home for dinner or a party, where you feel you really should bring something. I am inviyed to a home tonight. It is a cooking class type of event, and it is free for me, as a guest of someone who paid for the event, though that person is not the host. I do know the host as well, and it is the first time I am going to her home socially, so I would typically bring a nice bottle of wine.

Sometimes, I have gifted a hostess with a piece of the jewelry I make, but this woman does not wear much jewelry.

I don't really have a problem bringing a bottle of wine, but, as I know it will be served. I will be around it tonight anyway. But, looking for other ideas as well. Flowers, of course. A candle? Bring on your ideas!
Maybe a nice bottle of olive oil, or truffle oil or something along those lines?