View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
sillysuzanfree

Thanks for the very valuable reminder...just this afternoon I passed the man in the grocery store who offers free samples of whatever alcohol in the store is on special...I passed him right by of course but was still thinking in my mind how cozy drinking would be on this rainy, stormy afternoon!

In my last few years of drinking, I was isolating so much I wasn't much invited anywhere to miss! I did quit 2 jobs because I was too drunk to get to them anymore. I was unable to make countless job interviews due to either being drunk or anxiety ridden and in withdrawal. And when I miraculously made it to and then aced an interview and was offered full-time employment, I drank the weekend away and called on that Sunday to tell them I was not going to be able to start on Monday. Needless to say, they rescinded the offer! Two weeks later someone else in the office called me to reoffer...guess what? I was still in too bad of shape to take the job!

I paid dearly for the time unemployed among many other things. No need to go into details on that!